• Hello Guest,
    If you are donating with steam funds, you must contact SICKO GREED.
    Anyone that donates to another person will have their rank / custom class removed with NO REFUNDS.
  • Hello Guest,
    Our Teamspeak IP is ts.orion.network

Add Taser to Police/Add SWAT to Bank

Bacon

First Suggestion:

Type (Website, In-game) - In-game
Suggestion - Add the Taser to Police Officers (Not SWAT, or anyone else, just Police Officers)
How will it benefit the server - I see people always pick SWAT instead of Police Officers because SWAT has a better gun, and is better in general. This would make Police Officers more used instead of SWAT, which would help with the Bank problem. This would also make Arresting more possible instead of just shooting the person like a lot of people do.
Link (if needed) - https://www.gmodstore.com/scripts/view/520/the-taser-gun-both-fun-and-necassary-for-law-enforcement
Possible downsides to adding this: The taser could be used to minge, or be abused in general.

Second Suggestion:

Type (Website, In-game) - In-game
Suggestion - Add SWAT to the Bank. Whenever you try to rob the bank and there are SWAT on but no Police Officers, a message pops up saying "There are not enough Government Officials to rob the bank".
How will it benefit the server - This would make it so you could attempt to rob the bank more often and give SWAT more to do.
Link (if needed) - No link needed.

bubba_bubba

No. The taser gun can be easily abused by minges. They can walk around and just shoot someone for no reason. They can hold you on the ground for as long as the cop wants.

Edit: Oops, wrong taser gun. Still not changing my answer.

Bacon

No. The taser gun can be easily abused by minges. They can walk around and just shoot someone for no reason. They can hold you on the ground for as long as the cop wants.
Unless this was modified on a server I played on, you don't stay on the ground for as long as the cop wants. You stay in place for 5-6 seconds.

Edit: Oops, wrong taser gun. Still not changing my answer.
You can use cars to minge, guns to minge, props to minge, why is the taser more mingeful out of all of that? Its not like admins aren't on. Anyone who minges with it could just be jailed for 120-240-kick-ban?

Allen Allen IV

Trial-Mod
Staff member
Trial-Mod
You can use cars to minge, guns to minge, props to minge, why is the taser more mingeful out of all of that? Its not like admins aren't on. Anyone who minges with it could just be jailed for 120-240-kick-ban?
I mean, putting like that, someone could repeatedly taze you, keeping you pretty much on the ground, when someone kills you, you respawn. Im just saying, i dont think being held to the ground for 15 minutes by a group of cops constantly tazing you would be that fun
(Didnt realize It just made you flail around. Still, you could be stuck doing that by a group of people if they wanted to)

yoyok12345

-/+
Modifying it to only warranted or wanted people could make it work so it’s mostly to paid murders. I was thinking of instant-1ing because I knew a few people who would Minge with it including me, but maybe it can work.
Also -1 to the bank idea. If I remember why it says not enough, it’s because there needs to be at least 5 or more government jobs active. Maybe a reduction to 4 could do the trick, but NOT 3 or below, there are still valuable things in the bank that need to be protected from a decent amount of people.

Bacon

-/+
Modifying it to only warranted or wanted people could make it work so it’s mostly to paid murders. I was thinking of instant-1ing because I knew a few people who would Minge with it including me, but maybe it can work.
Also -1 to the bank idea. If I remember why it says not enough, it’s because there needs to be at least 5 or more government jobs active. Maybe a reduction to 4 could do the trick, but NOT 3 or below, there are still valuable things in the bank that need to be protected from a decent amount of people.
I've seen the SWAT role completely full, and so are the other SWAT jobs and you still can't rob the bank.

Bobby Dong

+1 to both. I have always been supportive of the taser for the reasons you stated. Yes, it can be used to minge, but that is why we have staff members! Most things/mechanics in the server can be used to minge! I also think it would be a good addition to the server because it would give the Police Officer the role of protecting the city by arresting, while the SWAT's role would be to kill people committing hardcore crimes.

Last edited: