• Hello Guest,
    If you are donating with steam funds, you must contact SICKO GREED.
    Anyone that donates to another person will have their rank / custom class removed with NO REFUNDS.
  • Hello Guest,
    Our Teamspeak IP is ts.orion.network

After X-mas map

Psikick312 (derpperd312)

Staff member
Type (Website, In-game) - In game
Suggestion - New Map
How will it benefit the server - I just saw the Xmas map today, and was so surprised at how much more stuff there is on it, and thought it would be nice to have one like that all year. i found this one that i think might have more stuff than the Xmas map, but looked cool non the less.
Link (if needed) - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=850223102

We've tried switching the map up more times than I can count, and everytime there has been a drop in players. Well I personally don't think the map change has anything to do with it, anytime I've talked to the executives about map changes that's the response that I was usually given.

Higher quality map = less players?
ey what b0ss? that makey zero sensey
also +1

Allen Allen IV

Trial-Mod
Staff member
Trial-Mod
+1 the player count got up to 40, which means that changing maps isnt that bad. It stayed consistently high until late at night the entire time i was on, having at least 20-30 people until about 7:30

-1, wave had multiple map changes in the past and we always switch back. I'm also a little biased because the map we have is so nostalgic for me, but eh

Righty

Legend
Staff member
Trial-Mod
The last few times Orion has had a map change the player base dropped a lot. But if the community wants to switch maps then there is no big harm in experimenting.

Kdude

+1 Most servers use the same map.

G-Man

Admin
Staff member
Admin
+/- As long as it is a Downtown map (to keep it high on the server list) and we get a player count over the next week in the winter map consistent with what we saw today, I'm for it.

Changed to a big fat +1 when I realized what map it was

Last edited:

Hiro

+/- , I would like to see variety but player count could dip and several dupes people have wouldn't work

bubba_bubba

Staff member
+1 I'm loving the new map we have right now.
The question is:
Will we be able to place dupes?

how dare thee call it X-Mas.

Frank Castle

The Punisher
Staff member
Trial-Mod
also +1
+1 the player count got up to 40, which means that changing maps isnt that bad. It stayed consistently high until late at night the entire time i was on, having at least 20-30 people until about 7:30
It's a fun idea, and personally I do like some different maps. However I have seen quite a few different map changes in attempts to try something new. Everytime we have implemented a new map, consistent player bases of 40 went down to 10, or 15. For some it's the sake of having to download more items. For some it's the loss of all their dupes, everything they've worked hard for gone, or some who gave others money for duped bases, etc.

I personally am not against a new map, but it's hard to try out when everytime it's happened the player base dropped.

+/-

Frank Castle

The Punisher
Staff member
Trial-Mod
+1 I'm loving the new map we have right now.
The question is:
Will we be able to place dupes?

how dare thee call it X-Mas.
The dupes will not be in the exact location, for this map is different sized and all the xyz coordinates of your old dupes will be a bit off, you can place the dupe and try to adjust it based upon where it is for the X-mas map, or make a new base. I've made a few already.

Psikick312 (derpperd312)

Staff member
ok, just to explain, its the same map at is base, it just expands out more and has a few extra buildings, its not like its completely different

G-Man

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Tested: I remember this map! We used to have it and it was 100% my favorite map!

For the first question people will ask, I tested whether or not dupes will work. The map seems to be a direct modification of V4 so some dupes do work, as the buildings are in the same places on this map.
Also the lighting in this map is WAY better so you don't get any of the ugly dark props in your builds anymore, this also means no need for lights.

The spawn situation is far better than what we currently have, you can choose to spawn in many different places and I'm sure if there are places we don't want people to spawn we can simply block off the door with a world prop. This kind of spawning system will help eliminate spawn blockers. This spawn system will also help deter super massive megabases (these often cause problems) blocking off large portions of the map as they will have to build around the multiple spawn points.

It has a pretty expansive underground subway system which would be good for monsters, hobos, and criminals who can all benefit from each others protection against CP or can make it a total wild west down there if they want to with all of the monsters murdering, criminals mugging/kidnapping, etc.
In fact, this very subway in this very room is the first place I ever played with @Albino707 when he led the Happy Mask Cult. Had a throne and light show in this room defended by cultists.

It has a two story PD with a mayors office which would be great for building defenses for the government and helping keep those roles from being so stale and cramped.

Conclusion: This map has a ton to offer from the water shack to the subway system and you can use some of your existing Downtown V4 dupes. I greatly miss this map and often think about some of the things I built here back in the day. (I should have kept those dupes. Oh well, I'm better now and I am up for the challenge.)

Albino707

The Prophet
Staff member
Administrator
Old Man
Tested: I remember this map! We used to have it and it was 100% my favorite map!

In fact, this very subway in this very room is the first place I ever played with @Albino707 when he led the Happy Mask Cult. Had a throne and light show in this room defended by cultists.
Good times...

Abu

Trial-Mod
Staff member
Trial-Mod
+1/-1 I would personally love a new map, however, the player count will most likely drop like it has multiple times before.

For the first question people will ask, I tested whether or not dupes will work. The map seems to be a direct modification of V4 so some dupes do work, as the buildings are in the same places on this map.
Also the lighting in this map is WAY better so you don't get any of the ugly dark props in your builds anymore, this also means no need for lights.

The spawn situation is far better than what we currently have, you can choose to spawn in many different places and I'm sure if there are places we don't want people to spawn we can simply block off the door with a world prop. This kind of spawning system will help eliminate spawn blockers. This spawn system will also help deter super massive megabases (these often cause problems) blocking off large portions of the map as they will have to build around the multiple spawn points.

It has a pretty expansive underground subway system which would be good for monsters, hobos, and criminals who can all benefit from each others protection against CP or can make it a total wild west down there if they want to with all of the monsters murdering, criminals mugging/kidnapping, etc.

It has a two story PD with a mayors office which would be great for building defenses for the government and helping keep those roles from being so stale and cramped.

Conclusion: This map has a ton to offer from the water shack to the subway system and you can use some of your existing Downtown V4 dupes. I greatly miss this map and often think about some of the things I built here back in the day. (I should have kept those dupes. Oh well, I'm better now and I am up for the challenge.)
YOU HAD ME AT NO MORE BLQCK PROPS OMG +1