• Hello Guest,
    If you are donating with steam funds, you must contact SICKO GREED.
    Anyone that donates to another person will have their rank / custom class removed with NO REFUNDS.
  • Hello Guest,
    Our Teamspeak IP is ts.orion.network

Disrespect and other stuff

Slam Van

Fuckin' Weeb

Just a reminder, this isn't an official statement on the situation. My word is as useless as a dead dog. Please do not take this as what the server actually thinks as a whole, I'm trying to use what power I have to unite the server again.

As most of you have seen lately, there has been an increase of "disrespect" on the server. Although I haven't seen it personally, I feel like something should be said about it. In my eyes I feel like everyone has overreacted, like usual, about this disrespect shit. Yes of course, we need to make the server a friendly and fun environment for everyone. However we cannot just rip freedom of speech and expression from our playerbase.

We also cannot change the thoughts and opinions that our players have about each other, other servers, etc. But, when it goes over a certain point, such as doxxing, ddosing, nonstop harassment, then I feel we're (at least I am) obligated to step in. I feel like we should not have to step into each and everyone's minute quarrels just because their feelings are hurt.

There are somethings that us higher-ups will help with, but whatever beef you have with whoever is not really our concern. Now I'm not saying it's open season for you all to be assholes with each other, I still feel like you should all have respect for each other.

Also, if you feel like my stance is different because I've never been disrespected or made fun of or any kind of bullshit like that, I am literally gay. I have experienced enough of that shit and I let it slide like water off a ducks back, because I don't care. From random people to even my own family I let it go, because I know that their words don't matter.

I really shouldn't have to make this kind of post, but apparently I do. Just treat others the way you want to be treated and the least all of you can do is be nice to each other.

Tl;dr: be nice to each other, we don't care about the beef you have with other people unless it's severe

Last edited:

Tomo

(+1, if you didnt get it from that song)

Slam Van

Fuckin' Weeb
If anyone has problems remember gay people are always right

Kawaii

Kawaifu
Staff member
Admin
Our savior. The nicest way i've every heard "don't be a snowflake"

<3 slam knows de wey
@Yee

Yee

I was just making a point there is no need for all this bullshit floating around the server, Please guys let's be a big happy family. Thank you @Slam Van

I 100% agree with this, and personally respect you Slam. I have known you for quite a few years, as we both go quite a bit back for server time. I a agree this shouldn't be needed, but personally, I believe it doesn't hurt to post every once in a while for some.

Anyways, I wish you all well, and I do wish to help should anyone need it. Just if it's something minor you should be able to discuss fairly, and simply then try to be civil. If it gets too heated, and becomes a bigger problem, maybe affects the server or other side effects, then address it with another higher up or someone else.

I agree with mostly everything except 1 thing but it's not that big of a deal.

Fyre

Staff member
Administrator
Care to tell me? It's fine if you don't
You're reformed.

The spats that I encounter are usually outside of the server. Not too alarming to me. But realistically, I think it's near impossible to be a set family. Everyone has their own opinion and different set of principles. It's differently something we can work on though.

Care to tell me? It's fine if you don't
I agree that people should have freedom of speech but to a certain extent. For example it shouldn't be ok to disrespect someone publicly on the forums.

Zero

I agree that people should have freedom of speech but to a certain extent. For example it shouldn't be ok to disrespect someone publicly on the forums.
I agree. There is a line which freedom of speech is cut off and it becomes harassment or bullying. Just talking legally here lol but once you cross a threshold with what you say you can't just yell "but muh rights" and expect to get off scott-free.

Slam Van

Fuckin' Weeb
I won't lie, I could have worded it better. But trash talking has been around since cavemen kicked a rock around. Not saying people should openly be complete assholes on the forums and in game, but there has to be a limit of what disrespecting is.

Albino707

The Prophet
Administrator
Old Man
I won't lie, I could have worded it better. But trash talking has been around since cavemen kicked a rock around. Not saying people should openly be complete assholes on the forums and in game, but there has to be a limit of what disrespecting is.
You did fine. Disrespecting is something which can translate to real life damages, those types are not acceptable. Now what that means isn't that "Ow my feelings are hurt." it means that you would have an actual FEAR of something. So threats, doxing, ddosing, threatening individuals with real life circumstances. These things are the things we need to become heavily involved in as higher staff and attempt to limit and or eradicate any such threats from what control we have on the server. Of course on the forums we can regulate posts as they come out of control, but as for drama, as long as it doesn't breach into that fear of safety, us higher staff shouldn't have the obligation to get involved.

This server is meant to be an enjoyable, goofy, memey, and safe place. And by safe place I don't mean what helicopter parents mean, I mean a place where your real life issues and shit should be forgotten about just for a short while. If somebody on this server ever seems to breach that disconnect, and threatens, attacks, or harms your personal life in anyway. Staff, users, and anybody else who is apart of the Orion community please feel free to reach out to me. Beyond that if you have baseline drama where those fears are not of issue, and you are seeking advice on how to amend broken fences, you are welcomed to come to me for advice, but not a solution as I most likely won't have it for every given situation.

So know that you do not only have Slam, but myself, Fyre, and all of the higher staff willing to help when it is really needed.

You did fine. Disrespecting is something which can translate to real life damages, those types are not acceptable. Now what that means isn't that "Ow my feelings are hurt." it means that you would have an actual FEAR of something. So threats, doxing, ddosing, threatening individuals with real life circumstances. These things are the things we need to become heavily involved in as higher staff and attempt to limit and or eradicate any such threats from what control we have on the server. Of course on the forums we can regulate posts as they come out of control, but as for drama, as long as it doesn't breach into that fear of safety, us higher staff shouldn't have the obligation to get involved.

This server is meant to be an enjoyable, goofy, memey, and safe place. And by safe place I don't mean what helicopter parents mean, I mean a place where your real life issues and shit should be forgotten about just for a short while. If somebody on this server ever seems to breach that disconnect, and threatens, attacks, or harms your personal life in anyway. Staff, users, and anybody else who is apart of the Orion community please feel free to reach out to me. Beyond that if you have baseline drama where those fears are not of issue, and you are seeking advice on how to amend broken fences, you are welcomed to come to me for advice, but not a solution as I most likely won't have it for every given situation.

So know that you do not only have Slam, but myself, Fyre, and all of the higher staff willing to help when it is really needed.
I couldn't have worded it better.

I too am always there for anyone who needs to talk, or wants assistance. I wish to help out too, especially in situations like this where it may be needed. Part of my job is to help, and if it's a situation going out of control and maybe one of the super admins hasn' seen it yet, let me know. I' always there and ready to help.

Yea. There is something called going too far. But I think slam is right.