• Hello Guest,
    If you are donating with steam funds, you must contact SICKO GREED.
    Anyone that donates to another person will have their rank / custom class removed with NO REFUNDS.
  • Hello Guest,
    Our Teamspeak IP is ts.orion.network

Fix the SWAT?, Buff Police Officers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today I was thinking about when someone is the mayor and the laws are extremely strict how people hop over into SWAT and play like they're police officers even though they're swat.

It's annoying being out on the street and you pull your weapon out only to be killed by a SWAT officer with his M4A1 Iron running around like a normal cop.

We should change the rules of the swat.

1. Don't let SWAT officers patrol the streets. (This is the biggest issues, you have SWAT out here RPing like a cop, arresting, shooting, chasing players.)

2. SWAT must remain in PD until they get called for a raid/bank defend. (SWAT aren't allowed to be on the streets unless needed for something irl, I think it should be the same way.)

3. Remove weapon checkers, (possibly batons too) from SWAT. (Again this is a big issue when you have a bunch of SWAT surrounding you with weapon checkers and M4A1s.)

4. Buff Police Officers. (Let's be honest. Police officers are weak. They have no good weaponry unless the player buys them, they have very little power when it comes to crowd control too. Maybe allow them to set up roadblocks WITHOUT a mayor. Maybe give them a little more armor too? No one likes playing as a cop. Why play as a cop when you can become a SWAT that plays like a cop AND has added bonuses like: Armor, weapons and a bigger paycheck.)

I wrote this in a couple of minutes so maybe share some idea about this too.

No one ever plays as police officers unless the SWAT jobs are all occupied.

I want to hear your feedback, let me know. (Please don't just -1 or +1 with nothing to say, I want to hear your reasons.)

-1 just obey the mayors laws and you should be a ok. If we think people are taking advantage of the laws we will talk to them.

-1 just obey the mayors laws and you should be a ok. If we think people are taking advantage of the laws we will talk to them.
Of course that sounds fine but this isn't about the mayor's law it's about how the SWAT are playing like police officers. Laws have nothing to do with this.

Good concept but wouldn't work out on a server like Orion. People would not want to wait in PD to be called out. They wanna roam the streets.

Finch

Trial-Mod
Staff member
Trial-Mod

If you wanted to balance out SWAT Vs. police
Some ideas (haven't thoughtvof the viability of them all):
Officers get Batons, checkers, shotguns + 25 armor - more slots than SWAT

SWAT get Rams + 50-75 armor (except tank) - less slots (5 SWAT + 1 leader, 2 medics, 1 sniper, 1 Tank)

TheAstra

Midnight Dr1ft3r

If you wanted to balance out SWAT Vs. police
Some ideas (haven't thoughtvof the viability of them all):
Officers get Batons, checkers, shotguns + 25 armor - more slots than SWAT

SWAT get Rams + 50-75 armor (except tank) - less slots (5 SWAT + 1 leader, 2 medics, 1 sniper, 1 Tank)
+1 to that suggestion but -1 for your suggestion michael. Vex already made a good reason why.

Skatro

Like hottie said this is a good concept but i dont see a need for it on orion.

G-Man

Trial-Mod
Staff member
Trial-Mod
+/- I also think SWAT is over used but I don't think they should't be allowed to patrol.

One way to balance the police would be to bring the SWAT limit down to a very low amount so there are only ever maybe 2 SWAT, 1 SWAT Leader, 1 SWAT Sniper, 1 SWAT Tank, and 1 SWAT Medic. That is still plenty of SWAT and forces people playing those roles to diversify and specialize.

Then give police some armor and shotguns along with their sidearm to give them a little more knockdown power against people with armor.

(I only just now noticed @Poptart said something similar.)

Also, I like the idea of police being able to make roadblocks and checkpoints freely. I think it would give a nice little bit of extra immersion for when players are walking the streets, especially in a group on the way to a raid or something. The police could get suspicious and investigate why a group of eight heavily armed people are going through a checkpoint to get to the PD or the Bank.

+1 i dont think nerfing swat is the option, but i do think police needs something special to set them apart.

Skatro

+/- I also think SWAT is over used but I don't think they should't be allowed to patrol.

One way to balance the police would be to bring the SWAT limit down to a very low amount so there are only ever maybe 2 SWAT, 1 SWAT Leader, 1 SWAT Sniper, 1 SWAT Tank, and 1 SWAT Medic. That is still plenty of SWAT and forces people playing those roles to diversify and specialize.

Then give police some armor and shotguns along with their sidearm to give them a little more knockdown power against people with armor.

(I only just now noticed @Poptart said something similar.)

Also, I like the idea of police being able to make roadblocks and checkpoints freely. I think it would give a nice little bit of extra immersion for when players are walking the streets, especially in a group on the way to a raid or something. The police could get suspicious and investigate why a group of eight heavily armed people are going through a checkpoint to get to the PD or the Bank.
^^^^^

Wanderer

+/- I don't know why you would want check points without a Mayor as if there is no Mayor there's no laws to enforce at the check points

Check points are not allowed period, so that is something I say no to. I also say no to disallowing swat to enforce the laws and patrol the streets, however like the others are saying lower the amount. Maybe 3-4 normal swat, plus the limit on the special swat members. Or, make swat V.I.P again, like it used to be is another way that could help raise the number of Police Officers.

My understanding, one of the reasons people will go swat, rather than a police officer is so they will stand a better chance. I think that is fair, to have a better chance against people who have SVU's, and Spas-12's. You try taking those people out with a Beretta, not as easy as you'd think.
-1 To @Generic Anime Profile Pic
+1 to @G-Man and @Poptart

Status
Not open for further replies.