• Hello Guest,
    If you are donating with steam funds, you must contact SICKO GREED.
    Anyone that donates to another person will have their rank / custom class removed with NO REFUNDS.
  • Hello Guest,
    Our Teamspeak IP is ts.orion.network

New map? Please vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crinn

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hey everyone, the management team has come up with an idea, but we want your guys' opinion on it. The idea is, is do we switch the map to the TitsRP map(https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1186766769&searchtext=Tits) permanently, or do we remain with the default downtown map that we're all accustomed to? Your opinions matter to us!

Please vote here: https://www.strawpoll.me/18696642

Here are some screenshots of the TitsRP map if you guys are unaware of what the map looks like.
rp_downtown_tits_v10000.jpg rp_downtown_tits_v10001.jpg rp_downtown_tits_v10002.jpg rp_downtown_tits_v10003.jpg rp_downtown_tits_v10004.jpg rp_downtown_tits_v10005.jpg rp_downtown_tits_v10006.jpg rp_downtown_tits_v10007.jpg rp_downtown_tits_v10008.jpg rp_downtown_tits_v10009.jpg

Last edited:

Finch

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This would provide large amounts of base space, new areas to explore, and makes cars relevant and allows y'all to drive more than 50 ft.

Ross Anickman

+1 it's the new standard for darkRP maps. If we use the old one, we'll be behind map-wise. I can't remember the last time i saw a generally populated server using the standard rp_downtown map. It's all tits now

Crinn

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Apparently it's the most used DarkRP map nowadays, it's even being used by bigger communities.

The vote's a little confusing imo. "Switch to TitsRP map or stay with downtown" doesn't sound like it can be answered with a yes or no.

Crinn

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
The vote's a little confusing imo. "Switch to TitsRP map or stay with downtown" doesn't sound like it can be answered with a yes or no.
Shit you right xD. It's meant to be like "Should we switch to TitsRP. My bad lmao

Ross Anickman

Apparently it's the most used DarkRP map nowadays, it's even being used by bigger communities.
yeah, it's the general standard map now. not using it would pretty much be killing the chances of a successful revival before the server even started up officially.

Honestly as cool as the new map is I believe it should stick to the old map. We've had this map before when we changed last time and it honestly didn't go too swell, so I would think that we keep it the way Orion has always been :D

Crinn

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I switched it a strawpoll instead of the other site.

Hiro

The server hasn't had a major switch of map for a while (other than the christmas map). It would be nice for some diversity for a new start.

Crinn

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
The server hasn't had a major switch of map for a while (other than the christmas map). It would be nice for some diversity for a new start.
In the past, Orion has switched to multiple other variations of the default DarkRP map, and every time it's somewhat "died". That's always been the worry with changing maps. The only thing different this time around is if we switched to TitsRP we'd commit to it, and stay on that map instead of changing back if the player base dropped.

Bacon

If what people are saying is true, about this being the "general" map that most servers are running, than I suggest that we switch to this, as times are changing, and we must change with it.

For my personal feelings about the map, I would like to see things spiced up with the new buildings and the such, and just an overall refurbished Orion I think would benefit everyone.

EDIT: Some other benefits from switching to it, according to the description of the map, would be that it "does NOT require CSS for you to see the textures, and the memory allocated for textures is kept at an absolute minimum" and that "This map is optimized better than regular downtown and was made with performance in mind." which was a problem for some people, especially near areas that had the massive bases (Like the massive sky bases near PD).

Last edited:

Crinn

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
For my personal feelings about the map, I would like to see things spiced up with the new buildings and the such, and just an overall refurbished Orion I think would benefit everyone.
Exactly my thoughts, personally I'm kinda bored of the old map. With a map like this there is so much more to explore, and many, many new places to build bases, although keep in mind TitsRP is a massive map, but! We will have TDM cars!

Pastor

Toxic Member
Hell no. That map is fucking huge. I’ve been on a map like this with 50+ players on and say a total of 8ish maybe. If we had max server constantly then I’d be more ok with it, but I’d still prefer downtown. This decentralization leads to everyone fucking off into their corner of the map, where if you don’t have a car (which could be stolen easily too) or some way to move around faster, you are fucked, and when you can’t move around quickly as a new player, it forces you to make a base and stick there forever in fear of being raided and not even being able to make it back after trying to buy a gun or some social shit. There are so many base locations that nobody even knows about, so 1 person could pretty much afk farm and nobody would even know. The only point of the tits map is to make everyone hide and make bases where others haven’t even explored or bases that are a mile underground and aren’t worth finding. In downtown, everyone is near eachother, allowing more interaction, easier times commuting to others, and just a better overall experience personally. Plus everyone is used to downtown. It’s the most popular map for a reason.

Bubba.

🌌 Looking at Stars
I want to let my creativeness out lol - I think its a great map, but it might be too big when it comes to looking for bases to raid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.