• Hello Guest,
    If you are donating with steam funds, you must contact SICKO GREED.
    Anyone that donates to another person will have their rank / custom class removed with NO REFUNDS.
  • Hello Guest,
    Our Teamspeak IP is ts.orion.network

The News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albino707

The Prophet
Staff member
Administrator
Old Man
Hello everybody,

Been awhile since I made a post on the announcements as it has been generally left up to Fyre. The news that we have coming is a transition of ownership of Orion. Sicko, myself, and Fyre have discussed in detail about this hand-off for awhile now and Sicko has decided to pass the torch off to both myself and Fyre. In the short term we will not be doing too much differently, especially during the transition, though in the long term we do hope we can not only improve our DarkRP server, but expand into another game-modes in G-Mod of similar sorts to allow for more growth, and opportunities for community members to become more involved with the creativity for Orion.

Though before I go into anything regarding that, we do need to pay a large thanks to Sicko for his continued love for this community. He has been here since the beginning and he is the one who allowed the server to grow to the peak of it's times. Sicko gave me full run of the server for sometime and allowed for me to make sure it's growth was assured, though sometimes my ways in the earlier days were a bit of strong-arming which worked out well in the end. He will still be a member of our community always and will always have a place on Orion as a friend and the father of Orion.

As I mentioned, this will be a transition period though. The transfer is going to take a bit longer than we expected due to having to move a lot of things over, we will still retain the same host for the time being (and most likely hold onto it as it has done us well thus far) but will be making adjustments to the donations page and will be making more ambitious additions for the DarkRP server. Once the transfer has been completed, myself, Fyre, and Cyan will become the new owners for the server. Decisions for our community will be made by the majority of us three, so for suggestions in the future, if you REALLY want something petition to the two you think you can persuade the best ~.0.

With the hopes of where we intend to expand, I would prefer any expansion to remain inside the G-mod community, something like Star WarsRP I think could be an easy addition and a server like that will be run by it's own staff team. Any additional server made will have us looking out into the community for people who want to create something new, this means for anything as small as a T-Mod on those new options all the way to their own managers and possibly Devs depending on the workload Cyan will want, or not, to take.

For our DarkRP server, I would like to congratulate both G-Man and Tails for being promoted to "Managers" as they will be taking the roles both myself and Fyre held on the server when it comes to making staff decisions. Me and Fyre can still make staffing decisions but will want to step back to allow there to be a new generation of staff to be made, both Tails and G-Man will be able to restructure the rules with me and Fyre's approval.

Let's see what we can do together,
Albino707

Excited to see where this takes the server, congratulations.

So is everyone a 33.3333333333% owner?

Cyan

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm, this is very interesting.

Brazy

Can yall like open something that doesn’t have something to do with gmod?

That shit mad boring and I put that on my mom

Albino707

The Prophet
Staff member
Administrator
Old Man
Can yall like open something that doesn’t have something to do with gmod?

That shit mad boring and I put that on my mom
We would love suggestions that would be compatible with our host! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.